Unattended barbecue starts fire at beauty spot
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze on scrubland at a beauty spot which was started by an unattended barbecue.
The fire on Bawsey Country Park, off the B1145 Gayton Road, near King’s Lynn, broke out just after 3.20pm on Thursday, May 21.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said three crews from King’s Lynn were called out and the fire covered an area of 100 square metres.
She said: “This is a fire on scrubland near Bawsey Pits which appears to have been started by an unattended barbecue.”
It is understood the crews had surrounded the blaze just before 5pm and fire crews left the scene just before 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
No other emergency services were called out.
- 1 First look inside Norfolk garden centre after £1.25m refurbishment
- 2 'Vindictive' man torched couple's new home - after failing to buy it
- 3 Work on McDonalds and Starbucks site 'breaks rules', councillors claim
- 4 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'The nicest people shop in Lidl' - Women amazed by act of kindness
- 6 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 7 Date given for opening of new McDonald's
- 8 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 9 When do some of Norfolk’s most popular attractions reopen?
- 10 People urged to get Covid test twice a week