Ukip leader Paul Nuttall visits Great Yarmouth market traders on last day of general election campaign
- Credit: Archant
The Ukip party leader has visited Great Yarmouth on the last day of the general election campaign.
Paul Nuttall visited the town for the second time this year.
On his whistlestop tour he spoke to campaigners at the party's office in Regent Street, alongside the party's parliamentary candidate for Great Yarmouth, Catherine Blaiklock, who also said a few words.
MORE: Who is standing in the General Election 2017 in Great Yarmouth?Mr Nuttall said he chose to come to Great Yarmouth the day before polling day because it was an important base for the party.
He added: 'We have a great branch, a great number of councillors and a fantastic candidate in Catherine who is straight talking and tells it like it is.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Nuttall then walked over to Great Yarmouth Market Place where he spoke to members of the public and stall holders and ate some chips.
Great Yarmouth was described as a 'jewel in the Ukip crown' by a senior party official earlier in the year.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich