Uggeshall Country Teas to benefit worthy causes
- Credit: Archant
They have been a popular attraction to visitors in Suffolk for almost 50 years.
And the ever-popular Uggeshall Country Teas will return on the last weekend in July and the first weekend of August.
Running from 2pm to 5pm, on July 29/30 and August 5/6, the event is held just five miles from Southwold and set in idyllic surroundings of the orchard and garden of the Old School in Uggeshall.
The teas have become a fixture in the diaries of numerous visitors to Suffolk over the past 47 years, as friendly villagers serve traditional homemade drop scones, breads, Suffolk rusks and delicious cakes, all served with freshly-made pots of tea, coffee or soft drinks.
The Uggeshall Garden Club will be donating a selection of plants and produce and there will also be a bric-a-brac stall.
You may also want to watch:
Parking is free at the event.
Proceeds go towards the maintenance of St. Mary's Church, the Old School and local charities.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid