Uggeshall Country Teas to benefit worthy causes
- Credit: Archant
They have been a popular attraction to visitors in Suffolk for almost 50 years.
And the ever-popular Uggeshall Country Teas will return on the last weekend in July and the first weekend of August.
Running from 2pm to 5pm, on July 29/30 and August 5/6, the event is held just five miles from Southwold and set in idyllic surroundings of the orchard and garden of the Old School in Uggeshall.
The teas have become a fixture in the diaries of numerous visitors to Suffolk over the past 47 years, as friendly villagers serve traditional homemade drop scones, breads, Suffolk rusks and delicious cakes, all served with freshly-made pots of tea, coffee or soft drinks.
The Uggeshall Garden Club will be donating a selection of plants and produce and there will also be a bric-a-brac stall.
Parking is free at the event.
Proceeds go towards the maintenance of St. Mary's Church, the Old School and local charities.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 8 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 9 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 10 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm