UEA Sportspark among three centres recognised as excellent
- Credit: UEA
The University of East Anglia's (UEA) Sportspark has been recognised in a national award.
It has become one of only three university sports centres in the country to be rated as excellent for its sport and recreational facilities in a national award.
The Norwich Sportspark's good Quest rating has increased to excellent after an inspection in January this year.
Quest is Sport England's recommended continuous improvement tool for leisure facilities.
Phil Steele, director of sport for UEA, said: 'I'm proud we've gained an excellent grading as it showcases the commitment the team have had to engage with our customers and try to consistently provide the best service possible.'
You may also want to watch:
The assessment looks at key elements of sporting facilities, including customer service, cleaning, environmental management, maintenance and health and safety.
Caroline Constantine, director of right directions, which manages the Quest scheme, said: 'As one of the largest university sporting facilities in the country this is an incredible achievement.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony