Road in Broads village to be shut for two weeks for drainage works
- Credit: Google Maps
A section of road will be closed in both directions for two weeks for drainage works.
The £30,000 scheme involves replacing a drainage culvert in Low Road, Strumpshaw, and making the surface good afterwards.
Work will begin on, or soon after, Monday May 10 when a section will be closed to through traffic, 24 hours a day.
A fully signed official diversion route will be in place.
Norfolk County Council says the works are required to alleviate flooding issues caused by an insufficient capacity at the existing culvert.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services and bus companies are being told about the closure, so that they can plan for their vehicles.
Access to businesses and properties within the road closure area will be maintained from one end of the closure, however there may be some short delays.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
The council has thanked people for their patience while the drainage improvement work is carried out.