Two teenagers charged with baby murder
Two teenagers are set to appear before magistrates tomorrow accused of murdering a newborn baby in Eye, near Diss.The 15-year-old girl and 17-year-old boy, both from the Eye area, were charged with murder last night after being arrested on Thursday.
Two teenagers are set to appear before magistrates tomorrow accused of murdering a newborn baby in Eye, near Diss.
The 15-year-old girl and 17-year-old boy, both from the Eye area, were charged with murder last night after being arrested on Thursday.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said officers were called to the village at about 12.50pm on Sunday October 7 after receiving reports that a newborn baby boy had died.
An investigation was launched and a post-mortem examination was carried out during the week. The two youths were arrested on Thursday and questioned at Bury St Edmunds police station.
Both were formally charged with murder on Saturday night and will appear at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates' Court on Monday.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued