Two people taken to hospital after house engulfed in fire in Lakenheath
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Two people have been taken to hospital following a house fire in Lakenheath - with crews acting quickly to put out the blaze.
Four fire crews were sent scene of the fire off Station Road, in Lakenheath after being called at around 7.15am today, Friday, September 3.
It is understood that everyone made it out of the property, with two casualties being taken to hospital.
The extent of their injuries is not yet known.
Station manager Dale Nunn said: "We were called this morning just before 7.15am to a well developed fire at a detached single storey bungalow.
"No one was in the property at the time but two people have been conveyed to hospital and are being looked at at the moment.
"There is still an appliance here at the moment to carry out some hot spotting.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
"We are not sure of the cause at the moment but an investigation will be carried out."
Three main water jets were used to tackle the fire which has affected the whole building.
A stop call was made just before 9.20am.
Crews from Norfolk and Suffolk were called, with fire engines from as far afield as Methwold and Thetford tackling the blaze.