Rush hour crashes see heavy tailbacks on two major roads
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Crashes on two busy roads - including one involving three vehicles - have seen resulted in rush hour tailbacks this evening.
The first happened at around 4.20pm, when a motorcyclist came off his bike on the A47 at Postwick.
The motorcyclist, who was male, escaped the crash without major injury, however police where required to attend and assist with recovery of the bike.
Officers remained on scene directing traffic while the motorcyclist awaited recovery, resulting in slower traffic flow than usual.
Then, at around 5.30pm, three vehicles were involved in a crash on Plumstead Road in Norwich, close to the Aldi supermarket and Heartsease Lane junction.
You may also want to watch:
The crash, which was between two Peugeot cars and a Mercedes van saw the female driver of one of the cars treated for minor injuries. The other parties involved are understood to have escaped injury.
Police remain on the scene, with traffic tailbacks impacting both the inner and outer ring roads of the city.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man