Two restaurants expecting to feed over 4,000 as they raise money for King’s Lynn Foodbank
- Credit: IAN BURT
Two restaurants will be holding fundraising events next month in response to a project launched by King's Lynn Foodbank.
The Market Bistro will create a special four-course tasting menu using home-grown and forged ingredients during the evening of Tuesday, November 21.
And on Sunday, November 26 The Bank House Hotel will hold a brunch between 8am and 1pm.
The fundraising is part of the foodbank's Big Supper Week - November 20 to 26 - launched in response to the growing demand for the foodbank.
Andy King, the foodbank trustee, said: 'We're expecting to feed over 4,000 people this year- 20pc up from 2016.
You may also want to watch:
'We're running on roughly the same budget and structure that we were three years ago, but we're feeding more and more people.'
Booking is essential at both restaurants for the events.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire