Two people treated for ‘smoke inhalation’ after flat fire in Lowestoft
Firefighters tackled a blaze which broke out in a flat in Lowestoft last night.
Three crews from Lowestoft South station were called out at 9.08pm following reports of a flat fire at a home in the Esplanade, Lowestoft.
A brigade spokesman said that on arrival 'there were still people inside the building,' and a small fire in the kitchen was discovered.
The blaze was quickly put out by fire-fighters and was under control by 9.30pm.
Two people were treated for smoke inhalation, the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known how many people were inside the flat or how the fire started.
Police were initially called but were told by fire-fighters they were not needed before they had arrived on the scene, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
It is understood there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the blaze.