Two injured in serious car crash at Cawston
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Two people have been seriously injured in a car crash which has closed the main road at Cawston, near Aylsham, this morning.
A silver Renault Clio, carrying four people, left the B1149 Holt Road near the Marriott's Way bridge and crashed into a field at about 8am.
A police spokesman said two casualties, a male and a female, suffered serious head injuries and are being treated by ambulance paramedics. An air ambulance has also been called, and fire and rescue teams are also on the scene.
Sgt Simon Atherton, at the Norfolk Constabulary control room, said: 'It is a very serious crash, with just one car involved. The vehicle has left the road, gone through a hedgerow and ended up some distance into the field.'
The B1149 Holt Road is closed in both directions between Cawston roundabout and the turn for Oulton Street junction. Sgt Atherton said the road is likely to remain closed until at least 11am while recovery efforts take place.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the crash or has any other information is asked to call Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 9 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
- 10 Awesome views from the top of 'Hunstanton Eye' big wheel