Two collisions in Wymondham involving three vehicles, motorcyclist
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Two collisions within a short space of time disrupted traffic in Wymondham this morning.
A Norfolk police spokesperson said they were called to the scene of the first incident in Norwich Road involving a motorcyclist at 6.27am.
The spokesperson said: 'A man fell off his motorbike and was taken to hospital for checks. He suffered minor injuries.'
Police had closed the Norwich bound lane while on the scene, however it has since been reopened.
The second incident took place at around 7am in Albini Way and involved three vehicles - a Nissan Primera, Peugeot 207 and Vauxhall Vivaro. At least one person was taken to hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the road had since been reopened.
Both incidents resulted in bus services having to be diverted or cancelled while extensive traffic delays were experienced by motorists.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 6 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 7 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 8 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 9 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich
Norfolk fire and rescue reported that appliances from Hethersett and Wymondham had attended to a road traffic collision on Norwich Common where crews provided scene safety and released one male from a vehicle.