Person taken to hospital following two-car crash
- Credit: Archant
A busy road had to be partially closed following a two-car crash that led to one person being taken to hospital.
Emergency services were called out to assist as traffic was diverted after the collision which happened about 12.05pm on Friday, September 13 on a busy junction in Lowestoft.
Police, the East of England Ambulance Service and firefighters from Gorleston and Lowestoft South fire stations were alerted following a crash between a Volkswagen Tiguan and a Vauxhall Zafira.
The road was blocked for almost an hour-and-a-half with the two cars in the middle of the junction, between Suffolk Road and Waveney Road, close to the fish docks.
Suffolk Road was partially closed to traffic as firefighters assisted one of the drivers. Traffic was flowing freely once more at 1.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance service spokesman said: "We were called at 12.10pm with reports of a collision at the junction of Suffolk Road and Waveney Road in Lowestoft.
"We sent two ambulances and took one person to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for further treatment."
- Keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards