Two arrested following Stalham knife-point robbery and burglary
- Credit: Nicholson's CCTV
Two men have been arrested following a series of incidents in Stalham last week.
The first was a robbery, which saw a pregnant shop assistant threatened with a knife.
The robbery happened at around 8.45pm on Friday, October 27, at Stalham Engineering on Yarmouth Road.
CCTV footage from the night shows the masked criminal entering the building just before closing time, and threatening a woman who is five months pregnant, with a knife as the individual steals money from the till.
Sarah Nicholson, managing director, said: 'Our till doesn't hold that much cash at any given time, so he didn't take much.
You may also want to watch:
'But the psychological damage caused to her [the shop assistant] could be horrendous.
'She was obviously quite shaken up, but she is okay and fortunately the baby is fine.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
The second incident occurred the following day, a burglary took place at 3am at an address in Chapel Field Road in Stalham.
Suspect(s) have gained access to a property before threatening the occupant and stealing an unknown sum of money.
The two men, aged in their 20s and 30s, were arrested this morning, Wednesday November 1, and were taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre where they remain for questioning.