‘It’s brilliant’ - TV presenter Jake Humphrey praises Norwich Ice Rink
- Credit: Archant
Thousands have dropped by the Norwich Ice Rink during its final week, including TV presenter Jake Humphrey.
The BT Sport presenter visited the Castle Mall Gardens attraction on Friday morning (January 5) with his wife and daughter.
He said: 'I think it's brilliant that Norwich has the ice rink and thousands have come to enjoy it.
'They should turn Castle Gardens into a winter wonderland every winter, because the gardens are wonderful.
'I didn't have a go on the ice, but my daughter Florence is had lots of fun with her mum.'
Mr Humphrey added that he thought Norwich was 'the best city to grow up in'.
Sponsored by the Sleeping Beauty panto at Norwich Theatre Royal, the rink is open until Sunday, January 7.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
The rink is open from 10am to 9pm daily, with the last skate session starting at 8pm.
Sessions last 45 minutes with a further 15 minutes designated for changing shoes.
For more information visit icerinknorwich.co.uk