Turning the clock back at the Loddon and Chedgrave Victorian evening
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It may have been a chilly evening but there was a warm atmosphere at the Loddon and Chedgrave Victorian Evening.
The event is promoted by the Chedgrave Victorian Evening Working Group, part of the Chet Valley Festival Committee, and has become a festive family favourite since being launched three years ago.
Heather Tew, one of the organisers, said: 'We like to bring the community together and such a wonderful evening would not be possible without the support and help of our businesses and local residents.'
Many shopkeepers dressed in Victorian costumes and welcomed customers on a late night shopping evening with mince pies, cakes and a warm drink.
At Envy Hair Design Scrooge (Paul Starling) and Tiny Tim (Brandon Starling) welcomed visitors while inside Justine Starling, Ben Starling and Elishia Revell were selling cakes and chutneys to raise funds for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
You may also want to watch:
'It is great seeing the whold community come together and this is such a fun event for Loddon and Chedgrave,' said Paul Starling.
There were many attractions in the area including hot food at Loddon fire station, market stalls at Holy Trinity Church, a farmers' market, and a dance display by local group Funky Feet.
- 1 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 6 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 7 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 10 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
Members of the Loddon Players were in pantomime costumes to add to the fun.