Tumble dryer catches fire in laundrette

Firefighters called to 'big incident' at Scarning. Picture: Archant Library.

Firefighters called to 'big incident' at Scarning. Picture: Archant Library.

A tumble dryer caught fire in the early hours in a university laundrette.

The fire took place on the grounds of the University of East Anglia, off Earlham Road in Norwich, just after 2.15am this morning.

Firefighters from Earlham, Sprowston and Carrow were called to tackle the blaze.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus