Truckers convoy for disabled children makes pit stop at The Forum
- Credit: Trevor Howlett
Just a fraction of an 80-strong convoy set to depart from County hall for charity have been parked outside The Forum this weekend.
Seven lorries were parked outside the Forum on Saturday, July 22 in preparation for the East Coast Truckers Convoy.
The convoy of 80 trucks will leave from County Hall on August 27 taking children with disabilities and disadvantaged children on a trip down the coast to Pleasurewood Hills, before returning through Great Yarmouth back to Norwich.
At the Forum on July 22 there was a tombola and an East Coast Truckers stall offering loads of goodies including T-shirts and hats and live music.
Donations were given to the charity, which puts on events throughout the year to help children.
You may also want to watch:
Along with the convoy the charity hosts a Christmas party, giving out presents that have been specifically chosen for more than 100 children.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school