Truckers convoy for disabled children makes pit stop at The Forum
- Credit: Trevor Howlett
Just a fraction of an 80-strong convoy set to depart from County hall for charity have been parked outside The Forum this weekend.
Seven lorries were parked outside the Forum on Saturday, July 22 in preparation for the East Coast Truckers Convoy.
The convoy of 80 trucks will leave from County Hall on August 27 taking children with disabilities and disadvantaged children on a trip down the coast to Pleasurewood Hills, before returning through Great Yarmouth back to Norwich.
At the Forum on July 22 there was a tombola and an East Coast Truckers stall offering loads of goodies including T-shirts and hats and live music.
Donations were given to the charity, which puts on events throughout the year to help children.
You may also want to watch:
Along with the convoy the charity hosts a Christmas party, giving out presents that have been specifically chosen for more than 100 children.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?