TripAdvisor award for popular Norwich park following visitor reviews
- Credit: Angela Sharpe
A popular Norwich park has scooped an award from a national website thanks to great reviews from its visitors.
Eaton Park has been awarded the 'Certificate of Excellence' by destination advice website TripAdvisor, an award which can only be earned through gaining consistently high reviews on the company's website.
Out of 89 reviews on TripAdvisor, 55 classed the park as 'excellent', with 29 describing it as 'very good'.
The 80-acre park, situated between Bluebell Road, North Park Avenue and South Park Avenue, is the largest of the city's collection of historic green spaces.
The park is maintained by Norwich Norse (Environmental) Ltd, which looks after the range of features the park has to offer, including a rose garden, a skate park and a children's play area.
You may also want to watch:
The park also caters for several sports, with changing rooms, tennis courts, football pitches, pitch and putt and crazy golf.
Helen Mitchell, chairman of Friends of Eaton Park, said: 'Norwich Norse have put a great team in the park. The care and attention that goes into their work has been pivotal in both this and also the park's Green Flag award.'
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
Nicola Holden, managing director of Norwich Norse, said: 'We are immensely proud to be a part of the team that have helped Eaton Park achieve this accolade, and who have worked hard to keep the standards high, especially during busy periods.'
Norse maintains the other parks and open spaces in Norwich on behalf of Norwich City Council, including the main ornamental cparks at Waterloo Park, Wensum Park and Heigham Park.
Norwich city councillor Paul Kendrick, cabinet member for parks and open spaces, said: 'This award is recognition of the hard work that goes into maintaining Eaton Park and its rich variety of features to a consistently high standard.
'Everyone associated with the park should be very proud of this fantastic achievement.'
Do you have a story about an award win? Email email@example.com