Tributes to King’s Lynn Rotary Club stalwart
- Credit: King's Lynn Rotary Club
King's Lynn Rotary Club put together a touching tribute for a senior member who passed away earlier this month.
Dennis Prior joined the Club 30 years ago but died on February 4, at the age of 87, after suffering from ill health for several months, which had left him unable to attend rotary meetings since November.
On their first meeting since his death, members of the club at the Stuart House Hotel, on Goodwins Road, read a tribute and stood for a minute's silence in memory of Mr Prior.
Press officer Ron Jackson said: 'Over his 30 years as a Rotarian, Dennis rarely missed a meeting or a club event, always eager to take part and support every activity, however onerous.
'Dennis will be remembered for his smile, his cheery manner and his prodigious memory of all things King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
'He will be greatly missed by all who knew him as a Rotarian and a friend.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats