Tribute acts prepare for summer concert series
- Credit: Archant
They're some of the most famous performers in the world and they're on their way to Norfolk – well, nearly.
The Rollin' Clones, My Winehouse, Like the Beatles and Definitely Mightbe are just some of the tribute acts set to perform at a series of summer 'garden party' concerts, aimed at giving families a taste of a major music event at a fraction of the price.
Danny Banthorpe, one of the organisers from the events group Nearly Festival, said concerts featuring tribute acts were more popular than ever.
He said the shows took place in the afternoon and were designed to be family friendly.
'The idea is that everyone knows the words and everyone knows the bands, so it's always a nice little sing-a-long.'
You may also want to watch:
The programme starts with a 'Swinging 60s and 70s' special on May 1 at Lenwade House in Lenwade, which will feature Like the Beatles, the Rollin' Clones and performer Victoria Goddard, who sings classic motown tunes.
A concert at Darby's in Swanton Morley on June 25 will star Oasis tribute group Definitely Mightbe, as well as the Rollin' Clones.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
There will be another concert at Lenwade House on July 24, and a final show at Gibraltar Gardens in Norwich on July 31 featuring Bob Marley tribute The Trenchtown Experience, as well as Amy Winehouse tribute singer Laura-Jane Butler, who performs as My Winehouse.
Mr Banthorpe said there were also two-day tribute act festivals planned for Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds.
For more information, visit The Nearly Festival page on Facebook.