Trial date set for men charged with murdering Nick Rogers in Wymondham Morrison’s supermarket
- Credit: Archant
The trial of two men accused of murdering another man following an attack in a town supermarket is due to start before Christmas.
John Monk, 43, and his nephew Lee Monk, 19, both from Wymondham, have been charged with murdering Nick Rogers following the incident at Morrison's superstore in Wymondham on July 17.
Both defendants have denied the murder charges.
A pre-trial hearing at Norwich Crown Court on Monday, October 23 heard that a trial is due to start on December 4.
Before that, another pre-trial hearing is due to take place on November 14 at Norwich Crown Court in relation to the case of Lee Monk.
You may also want to watch:
Following the death of Mr Rogers, messages of remembrance were left on social media and floral tributes were left at the supermarket.
Former Wymondham High School pupil, Ollie Stubbs, said: 'Still can't believe you were taken from us.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack