Trespass on line at Brandon causing train delays between Ely and Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A trespassing incident on a railway line between Ely and Norwich is still causing delays to passengers.
Network Rail reported that the incident occurred at Shippea Hill, near Brandon, just after 6pm.
The line reopened at around 8pm, but passengers can expect delays of up to an hour until 11pm.
Representatives of Network Rail and the British Transport Police attended the scene to assess the situation.
National Rail Enquires has advised passengers travelling from Cambridge to Norwich to take the next available service to Ely or travel to Ipswich for a service back to Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Abellio Greater Anglia passengers may use East Midlands Trains services between Norwich and Ely and Great Northern services between Ely and Cambridge.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital