Treat yourself to delicious sweet and savoury buns on new Norwich Market stall
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
From custard to chicken katsu, an innovative Norfolk chef is bringing sweet and savoury buns to the heart of Norwich Market.
The city's latest foodie hotspot Bun Box, which has opened at stall 23, offers 'exciting street food' as a local chef swaps Michelin-starred restaurants for Norwich's thriving market.
Timothy Irven, 23, sells steamed savoury buns with Asian influences and also a range of classic sweet buns and mini doughnuts.
Mr Irven said: 'The steamed buns include fillings such as hoisin duck, slow roast pork with sriracha mayo, chicken katsu and spiced butternut squash.
'I also serve sweet options like the cinnamon buns every day as well as things like banoffee, chocolate and hazelnut and mini doughnuts with toffee sauce.'
The buns are all freshly made on-site with the menu changing regularly.
Mr Irven, who has worked at Michellin-starred restaurant Brasserie Chavot in Mayfair, added: 'I settled on the idea of steamed buns called bao as I felt they were the perfect squidgy and fluffy vessel for different fillings influenced by Asia as well as ideas and flavours from around the world.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 7 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
'I wanted to be able to serve exciting on trend street food to Norwich which is becoming a hub for street food.'
The stall is open 12pm-4.30pm Tuesday-Saturday.