Travellers told to vacate Heartsease Recreation Ground
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers who have parked up at a playing field in Heartsease have been given 24 hours to vacate the site.
Seven caravans arrived at the Recreation Ground, off Sale Road, Norwich, on Sunday night, and set up near the football pitches.
People living nearby claim their children are now unable to play on the fields, while others say they the travellers are not causing any trouble.
On Monday, an officer from Norfolk County Council carried out a 'welfare assessment' of the camp - a legal requirement to check there are no vulnerable people on the site, before any eviction process can begin.
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said: 'Following the appropriate protocol procedure and a multi-agency meeting, notice has now been served on the Travellers currently based at Heartsease. The process allows the Travellers 24 hours to vacate the site.'
You may also want to watch:
What do you think? Email email@example.com
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 9 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident