Travellers set up next door to Archant Print on St Andrews Business Park
- Credit: Archant
Travellers have set up camp on the outskirts of Thorpe St Andrew, near Norwich.
Around eight caravans are now parked by the Archant Print building on St Andrews Business Park.
It is understood that they were recently situated on the nearby Broadland Business Park.
A spokesperson for Broadland District Council said: 'Officers made a visit to this site yesterday and met with staff at Archant.
'They also carried out a further visit and welfare assessment today. As this is privately owned land, any eviction notice will be required to be issued from the land owner.
You may also want to watch:
'After speaking with Archant and offering support, the council has been informed that Archant are speaking with solicitors about this and we are expecting an update this afternoon.'
There have also been reports that a group of travellers have moved onto land next to the Castle Carvery Racecourse on Salhouse Road.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 6 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse