Travellers move onto Thickthorn Park and Ride site
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A group of travellers have moved onto the Park and Ride site at Thickthorn.
The group moved onto the site, on the outskirts of Norwich, after previously arriving at the Harford Park and Ride.
A spokesperson for Norfolk County Council confirmed services to and from the site are still running and the usual processes will be followed to get the group to move on.
Norfolk Constabulary are also aware of the encampment.
A spokesperson for the force said: 'We are liaising with the land owner, which is the county council, and a protocol meeting is being held this afternoon to discuss what is happening.'
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the group arrived at the site late last night.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old