Travellers move on from Lowestoft and Oulton Broad car parks
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
Two groups of travellers who set up camp in Lowestoft and Oulton Broad have moved on over the weekend.
About nine caravans arrived in an area near Pets Corner in Oulton Broad last week, while families also pitched up with vehicles on the Belvedere Road car park.
Both camps were issued with eviction notices to move on from the sites on Saturday.
Waveney District Council said they had been working closely with Suffolk Police and the Norfolk and Suffolk Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Liaison Service and in accordance with the Suffolk-wide protocol for unauthorised encampments, regular visits had been made to the site.
A spokesman said: 'Both sites were vacated on Saturday, May 27, and to our knowledge, there are no other encampments in the area at this time.'
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of the weekend, concerns were raised over car parking by business owners and the Lowestoft and Oulton Broad Motor Boat Club (LOBMBC), who hosted the Lowestoft Grand Prix Sunday and yesterday.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor