Travellers move on from Lowestoft and Oulton Broad car parks
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
Two groups of travellers who set up camp in Lowestoft and Oulton Broad have moved on over the weekend.
About nine caravans arrived in an area near Pets Corner in Oulton Broad last week, while families also pitched up with vehicles on the Belvedere Road car park.
Both camps were issued with eviction notices to move on from the sites on Saturday.
Waveney District Council said they had been working closely with Suffolk Police and the Norfolk and Suffolk Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Liaison Service and in accordance with the Suffolk-wide protocol for unauthorised encampments, regular visits had been made to the site.
A spokesman said: 'Both sites were vacated on Saturday, May 27, and to our knowledge, there are no other encampments in the area at this time.'
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of the weekend, concerns were raised over car parking by business owners and the Lowestoft and Oulton Broad Motor Boat Club (LOBMBC), who hosted the Lowestoft Grand Prix Sunday and yesterday.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash