Travel firm for groups of mature single adults relocates to Swaffham
A travel firm that specialises in fully-escorted trips for groups of mature single adults has relocated to Swaffham.
One Traveller Holidays had been based in Ashill for five years, but moved to Jack Body Way, off Green Way near Waitrose, at the beginning of June.
Started in 2007 by former full-time tour managers, the company initially took small groups to Prague, Krakow, St Petersberg and Austria, but its destinations now also include China, Thailand and the deep south of the United States.
The business currently employs five people, but said bookings are up 28pc on this time last year and is currently preparing to add new destinations to its 2013 programme, and is hoping to expand and take on two administrative staff in the future.
Business development manager Daniel Adams said: 'We were originally a home-based business in Ashill, but it got to a stage where it eventually took over the house.
You may also want to watch:
'The single travel market is an expanding market. We are getting calls from people who have lost a partner and are thinking of travelling and are preparing to take the plunge.
'We get a lot of people who are newly widowed or divorced, and taking a holiday on their own is a big first step.'
For more information, see www.onetraveller.co.uk
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation