Train travellers face delays and cancellations between Norwich, London and Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Train travellers between Norwich and London have been affected by delays and cancellations due to a points failure.
Greater Anglia said the problem at Manningtree meant trains were having to run at reduced speed on the line towards Colchester.
They said passengers would face cancellations of train services or delays of up to 30 minutes, with disruption expected to continue until 8.30am.
The 6.45am Norwich to London Liverpool Street service and the 9am from Liverpool Street to Norwich have both been cancelled, while the 4.55am and 5.25am services from Norwich to Liverpool Street were hit by delays.
Network Rail engineers are working to fix the problem.
You may also want to watch:
And problems with level crossing barriers and a tree blocking the line at Wymondham have been causing delays to services between Norwich and Cambridge.
The 7.04am Cambridge to Norwich and 7.37am Norwich to Cambridge services are among those affected by delays, while the 8.40am Norwich to Cambridge train was cancelled.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success