Norfolk features in new trailer for Netflix movie Annihilation
- Credit: Peter Mountain
A new trailer for a major Hollywood movie shot in Norfolk has been released.
Starring Natalie Portman, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson and Jennifer Jason Leigh, Annihilation is an adaptation of the 2014 novel of the same name by Jeff VanderMeer.
The sci-fi flick, directed by Alex Garland, was partly filmed on location in Holkham back in July 2018.
It follows a biologist as she signs up for a dangerous expedition into an environmental disaster zone known as Area X, where the laws of nature no longer apply.
You may also want to watch:
Holkham beach was transformed into the elusive Area X during filming, with fake skeletons, a shelter and dark tree-like structures set up on the sand.
A small preview of this can be seen in a new trailer for the film, which was posted online on Wednesday, December 13.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 7 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 8 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 9 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
Set for cinematic release in the USA on February 23, 2018, the movie will not be shown in cinemas in the UK, but will instead go straight to Netflix 17 days later.
• What do you think of the trailer for Annihilation? Let us know in the comments below.