Tragedy as Norfolk woman dies in crash at Panxworth
- Credit: Google maps
A woman in her 70s died after a crash which closed a Norfolk road, police have confirmed.
The crash happened in South Walsham Road, Panxworth, close to Cottenham Barns shortly before 3.45pm yesterday.
A silver Honda Accord was in a crash with a white Mitsubishi works vehicle which was parked next to roadworks on the B1140 South Walsham Road.
The man who was driving the Honda, a local man in his 80s, suffered slight injuries in the crash, but his female passenger, a local woman in her 70s, was confirmed dead at the scene.
The crash led to the closure of Salhouse Road to the junction with the B1140 to Acle, while a section of the B1140 until the junction with the A47 at North Burlingham was also closed.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash. Officers want to speak to anyone who witnessed the crash or who saw the manner of driving of the Honda prior to the collision, which was travelling towards Norwich.
Anyone with information should call Norfolk Constabulary's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park