Winter weather delays Holt roadworks
Freezing temperatures have delayed �203,000 worth of resurfacing work to busy routes in and around Holt pushing a road closure on a weekend.
The nine days of disruption were due to be completed this weekend but Norfolk County Council (NCC) - which is carrying out the repairs - said it was forced to extend its timetable due to the winter weather.
Temperatures of -7C forced the suspension of work to the A148 Holt bypass, B1149 Norwich Road and B1110 Thornage Road.
Contractors will work until Friday (February 17) with the aim of completing the stretch outside Holt Primary School and the junction with the High Street before students return to class. And a 70 metre stretch of the A148 Norwich Road - including the High Street junction - is also scheduled to be closed this weekend (February 18 and 19).
But sections of the B1149 Norwich Road and B1110 Thornage Road will now have to be shut on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 when contractors return to finish off the work, with diversions put in place.
You may also want to watch:
NCC has apologised to the delay and 'further disruption' but said the work is essential.
? For more details about roadworks across the county visit www.norfolk.gov.uk/roadworks
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’