Winter weather delays Holt roadworks
Freezing temperatures have delayed �203,000 worth of resurfacing work to busy routes in and around Holt pushing a road closure on a weekend.
The nine days of disruption were due to be completed this weekend but Norfolk County Council (NCC) - which is carrying out the repairs - said it was forced to extend its timetable due to the winter weather.
Temperatures of -7C forced the suspension of work to the A148 Holt bypass, B1149 Norwich Road and B1110 Thornage Road.
Contractors will work until Friday (February 17) with the aim of completing the stretch outside Holt Primary School and the junction with the High Street before students return to class. And a 70 metre stretch of the A148 Norwich Road - including the High Street junction - is also scheduled to be closed this weekend (February 18 and 19).
But sections of the B1149 Norwich Road and B1110 Thornage Road will now have to be shut on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 when contractors return to finish off the work, with diversions put in place.
You may also want to watch:
NCC has apologised to the delay and 'further disruption' but said the work is essential.
? For more details about roadworks across the county visit www.norfolk.gov.uk/roadworks
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project