Wilco joy at national award win
- Credit: Peter Spinney
Automotive parts and accessories retailer Wilco Motor Spares has won the retailer of the year award at the CAT magazine awards.
Wilco which was established in Norwich in 1964, and now has 43 branches across East Anglia, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire.
Managing director Richard Shortis is delighted that the company's achievements are being recognised with such an award. We are very pleased that the efforts of our staff have been noticed,' he said.
'Trading is tough for everyone, and without the great efforts of our staff things would be much tougher.'
The award was collected by Kevin and Richard Shortis, the company's father-and-son management team.
You may also want to watch:
The awards, which recognise excellence in the automotive industry across the UK, were held at Twickenham Stadium in London.
Wilco is a family-owned independent chain of motor spares retailers specialising in car parts, accessories, and in-car entertainment systems and bicycles.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
Wilco, which is part of the Shortis Group, has local branches including four in Norwich and one at each of Great Yarmouth, King's Lynn, Lowestoft, North Walsham, Watton and Wisbech.
Further details about Wilco Motors Spares are available online at www.shortisgroup.co.uk