Wilco celebrates 50th anniversary with top retailer award second year running
- Credit: supplied
Local automotive parts and accessories retailer Wilco Motor Spares has won retailer of the year at the CAT magazine – Car Accessory Trader magazine, part of Haymarket Publishing – awards for the second year in a row.
Wilco, which is part of the Shortis Group, also won the award in 2013 and can combine this year's success with its 50th anniversary celebrations.
The company, formed in 1964, now has 43 branches across East Anglia, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Managing director Richard Shortis is delighted that the company's achievements are once again being recognised.
'Our staff have been working hard all year, and this is a great credit to them.
You may also want to watch:
'It's especially poignant given that we are coming up to our 50th anniversary celebrations.
'My father opened his first shop in Norwich in 1964 – the industry has changed a great deal since then but we hope that, with continued success, we can see another 50 years.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
The award was collected by Kevin Shortis, the group's chairman, and Carl Zajac, operations director.
The awards, which recognise excellence in the automotive industry across the UK, were held at Twickenham Stadium in London.
Wilco, a family-owned independent chain of motor spares retailers specialising in car parts, accessories, in-car entertainment (ICE) and bicycles, has 18 branches in Cambridge, Colchester, Corby, Felixstowe, Great Yarmouth, Ipswich, Kettering, King's Lynn, Lowestoft, North Walsham, Norwich, Watton, Wellingborough and Wisbech.
The Shortis Group also owns WilcoMotosave with 24 branches which stretch across Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire.
The group now boasts 42 branches of Wilco and WilcoMotosave shops with nearly 600 enthusiastic staff in East Anglia, the East Midlands and Yorkshire.
The Shortis Group is now the largest, family-owned, independent motor store group in the country and has group sales of more than £38m.
To find out more about about Wilco visit www.shortisgroup.co.uk