Maintenance works continuing at bridge
- Credit: Archant
Major repairs to a bridge that had been found in a dangerous “deteriorating” state have been completed, but repair work is set to continue at the scene for another week.
Earlier this month repair work started at the Waveney Bridge, on the A146 Norwich Road at Beccles.
Suffolk Highways closed the road overnight “from the roundabout with George Westwood Way to River Waveney” recently.
According to Suffolk Highways the road was closed to allow “urgent replacement of bridge expansion joints.”
A spokesman for Suffolk Highways said: “Waveney Bridge, Beccles update.
“Works to replace the joints on the bridge are now complete, two-way temporary traffic signals will remain in place whilst our teams carry out repairs to the safety barriers.
You may also want to watch:
“Works are on schedule and are due to be completed on April 3.”
A temporary 30mph speed limit across the structure from the roundabout with George Westwood Way to River Waveney is in operation until April 3.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
Waveney Bridge was partially closed by Suffolk Highways on February 11, as temporary traffic lights were installed.
Suffolk Highways closed one lane back then.