WATCH: NDR versus the ring road. Which is quicker?
- Credit: Archant
A week on from the opening of the £205m Broadland Northway - previously known as the Norwich Northern Distributor Road - we decided to find out whether the road is helping to speed up journeys.
Two drivers set off from Horsham St Faith, just north of the city, at 9.15am today to see who would reach Dunston Hall, on the A140, to the south of the city, first.
One of the drivers joined the new dual carriageway NDR road from the A140 at Norwich International Airport, followed it to Postwick and then drove on the A47 southern bypass to the Harford Bridges roundabout, before heading down the A47 to Dunston Hall.
The other motorist drove from Horsham St Faith, past the airport on the A140 Cromer Road, joined the outer ring road at the Boundary Road junction, headed down Sweet Briar Road and continued on the ring road to Ipswich Road.
They then went over the Harford Bridges roundabout to Dunston Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Our drivers obeyed the rules of the road and did not exceed the speed limit.
To find out who reached their destination first - and how long the journeys took - click on the video.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries