Warning for Norfolk drivers after spate of crashes
- Credit: Archant � 2009
Motorists have been warned to drive carefully after a spate of crashes on the county's roads tonight.
Police said the number of calls had been higher than average, and advised drivers to beware the greasy roads when travelling at night.
A car and a lorry collided on the Norwich-bound A11 at Silfield, near Wymondham, at 6.40pm. A police spokesman said one driver suffered minor injuries and that a vehicle had to be recovered from the central reservation. Both were recovered by 9.40pm.
One lane of the westbound A47 near King's Lynn was closed for more than an hour after a car left the road. Debris was spread across the carriageway in the crash near Tilney All Saints at 7.55pm. No one was injured in the collision, and police attended to recover the vehicl. The lane was reopened at 9.30pm.
In Browston, near Great Yarmouth, a man had to be released from his car by firefighters after a single-vehicle collision at 8.20pm. The red Renault Clio crashed on Browston Lane, which had to be closed to traffic as the scene was cleared. The driver did not suffer any injuries and the road reopened at 9.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, a lorry caught fire during the rush-hour on the Norwich-bound A47 at Hockering. Police were called and had cleared the vehicle by 5.45pm, though the road did not need to be closed.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy