Two week closure for Norwich car park
Sarah HallDrivers have been warned they will not be able to use a city centre car park for a fortnight.Sarah Hall
Drivers have been warned they will not be able to use a city centre car park for a fortnight.
The Monastery car park, off Elm Hill, will shut for two weeks so work can be done by EDF Energy Networks to install a substation and to put in electrical cables.
The road leading to the car park closed today (Monday) and will stay shut until June 4, meaning there will be no access to the car park.
Businesses and people living and working nearby have been informed by Norwich City Council.
You may also want to watch:
The city council says alternative car parking can be found in Colegate, Magdalen Street or at the St Andrew's multi-storey car park.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK