Train services on Norwich to Cambridge line disrupted this morning
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Train services on the Norwich to Cambridge line, via Ely, are disrupted this morning
Train services on the Norwich to Cambridge, via Ely route, are disrupted this morning, because of a loss of signalling in the Brandon area.
Greater Anglia said that train services between Norwich and Cambridge may be cancelled, delayed or terminated at and started back from Thetford at short notice.
The company said that an estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.
Network Rail engineers are working as fast as possible to fix the problem.
You may also want to watch:
Cross Country and First Capital Connect services are conveying passengers between Cambridge and Ely in both directions until further notice. Arrangements have been made for Greater Anglia rail tickets to be accepted for these journeys.
A very limited Rail Replacement Bus services, operated by Youngs Coaches, will be conveying passengers between Thetford and Ely in both directions until further notice. Arrangements have been made for Greater Anglia rail tickets to be accepted for these journeys.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
Customers travelling to and from Norwich are advised to use trains to Stowmarket and change to services to Peterborough, for Ely, or Cambridge.