Timetable and service changes for Holt-based Sanders Coaches
- Credit: Archant
Increased demand for faster services and fewer passengers on summer trial routes have prompted changes to bus timetables in north Norfolk.
The alterations by Sanders Coaches, based in Holt, will be put in place from Sunday, July 28.
Included in the changes will be the cancellation of summer trial routes between Stalham and Cromer and Sheringham and Cromer and a boost to the X44 Sheringham to Norwich service.
A new route through Reepham, Cawston, Aylsham, Horsham St Faith and Norwich, route 43, will also start on Monday, July 29.
Charles Sanders, managing director of Sanders Coaches, said: 'Passengers don't like going round the villages. They want a fast journey. The changes will give people a better option. We are not taking a service away from anybody. We are trying to get the most out of the resources in these difficult times.
You may also want to watch:
'We have got to defend our own area. If people want a direct service we have got to give it to them, otherwise we lose them.'
Under the changes, more direct fast services will be carried out by the X44 route between Sheringham, Cromer, Aylsham and Norwich.
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 6 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
Instead of leaving Sheringham and Norwich every hour, it will leave every half hour.
The first and last bus from Sheringham will be 6.05am and 8.50pm and the first and last from Norwich Bus Station will be 7.30am and 10.15pm.
Mr Sanders said the changes had not increased the fleet of buses and he had to employ one extra full-time driver. He added that route 22 between Sheringham and Cromer and 36 between Stalham and Cromer were being cancelled because of low passenger numbers.
'If it was doing well we would keep it,' Mr Sanders said.
So far this month the 22, which runs three days a week, has carried 230 people and the 36, which runs five days a week, has carried 221.
Extra journeys between North Walsham, Buxton and Norwich, route 210, will be added under the changes.
Visit www.sanderscoaches.com for more details.