Thurlow Nunn charity cycle ride tops �3,500
Staff at Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall raised more than �3,500 for good causes after cycling 240 miles in a dual charity fundraiser.
The three-day journey started at Thurlow Nunn in Wisbech and finished in Norwich after stopping at each of the 10 Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall dealerships throughout Norfolk and Suffolk, including branches in Great Yarmouth and Beccles.
The seven-strong Thurlow Nunn team and Vauxhall staff, including Alastair Cassels, national franchise manager from Vauxhall, and Simon Bottomley, chairman and group managing director of Thurlow Nunn, made the two-wheeled trip to raise money for Help for Heroes and East Anglia's Children's Hospices (Each).
Simon said: 'We are delighted to have helped to support two very worthwhile causes with our cycle ride and I would like to congratulate the team on working so hard to complete the three-day, 240-mile mission across the region.'
East Anglia's Children's Hospices is a local charity which helps to support families and cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex, with care being provided in people's own homes and at hospices in the region.
You may also want to watch:
Help for Heroes is a charity that Vauxhall formed a partnership with more than two years ago and Vauxhall employees nationwide have worked hard to raise more than �200,000 for the cause so far to help those wounded in Britain's current conflicts.
Simon added: 'We feel that, as a local family business with a firm presence in the area, it is our responsibility to demonstrate our community spirit and to give something back to those who need it. Thank you to everyone who came to cheer us on over the weekend and for all those who have contributed to our fundraising total.'
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
It's not too late to show your support of the Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall cycle team – visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/ThurlowNunnCharityCycleRide to make a donation.
To find out more about offers and vehicles available from Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall, visit the website at www.thurlownunn-vauxhall.co.uk and locate your nearest branch.