Three goes into BMW 4 with new Gran Coupé
- Credit: BMW
BMW will unveil the third and final 4 Series range member, the four-door, BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé, at the Geneva Motor Show on March 4.
The Gran Coupé, with four-door practicality, greater luggage capacity and the sporty and elegant character of the 4 Series Coupé, goes on sale on June 21.
Sporty design is allied to four doors, more headroom, automatic tailgate, larger luggage compartment and folding seats as standard. Despite the increased usability, there has been no compromise on driving dynamics, with Drive Performance Control allowing the selection of tailored driving modes and enhanced ride comfort.
The 4 Series Gran Coupé offers the same five trim levels – SE, Sport, Modern, Luxury and M Sport – as the Coupé and Convertible.
Engine and drivetrain combinations range from the powerful 306hp 435i, as well as xDrive variants, to the 418d Gran Coupé, which has fuel consumption of more than 60mpg and CO2 emissions of 121g/km ion both manual and automatic.
You may also want to watch:
The Gran Coupé has the same dimensions as the Coupé but the roof is 12mm higher and 112mm longer. The roofline flows across both rear doors and blends into the slightly raised and short rear section of the car.
This extended roofline also has practical advantages. There is more headroom, especially in the back, while the 480-litre boot is 35 litres bigger than that of the two-door Coupé, and the same capacity as the BMW 3 Series Saloon.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
The shape of the rear bench seat looks like two individual seats, but the upholstered console surface between them can also accommodate a third passenger in the middle Rear seats backs can be folded down as standard in the 60/40 configuration (optionally 40/20/40) to increase load capacity to 1,300 litres, when completely folded flat – a best-in-class figure among premium four-door coupés.
The BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé is priced from £29,420 on the road for a 420i SE to £41,655 for the 435i M Sport.