Thorpe Park permit parking zone to be extended
A permit parking zone is going to be extended to take in Thorpe Park in Norwich.
From Monday, January 16, the nearby controlled parking zone, known as Zone C, will be stretch all the way into the housing area.
Families from Thorpe Park had previously told Norwich City Council that commuter and football parking caused a problem when finding space to park.
The council carried out a consultation to try tackle the issue.
The majority of people were in favour, members of the Norwich Highways Agency Committee approved plans to extend the Zone C controlled parking zone in July.
You may also want to watch:
The new extension will see the introduction of permit parking areas, a number of limited waiting bays where no permits are required and sections of single yellow lines. It will operate from Monday to Saturday between 8am and 6.30pm. There will also be double yellow lines introduced to Wilson Road.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk