The main roadworks in Norfolk you need to know about this week
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Across Norfolk this week a range of planned roadworks and closures will be taking place that could easily cause delays to your journey. Here's a look at some of them:
• Newmarket Road at Eaton: A lane closure will be in place at the junction with Unthank Road from January 4 until March 10. This coincides with work to remodel a cycleway on the road which is part of Norfolk County Council's Transport for Norwich project.
• Dereham Road at Heigham: On February 2 and February 3 a lane will be closed at the junction with Golding Place to allow Norfolk County Council to repair a gully.
• A1066 at Brettenham: Temporary traffic lights will be in operation on January 31 and February 1 as BT complete engineering work.
• A148 at Castle Rising: Stop/go boards will be in operation from January 31 to February 2 between Knight's Hill and East Rudham as Norfolk County Council work to unblock pipework.
You may also want to watch:
• A148 at Holt: A road closure will be in place until March 3 from Hempstead Road to Old Cromer Road due to the installation of a new roundabout.
• A12 at Gorleston: Temporary traffic lights will remain in operation until February 27 between Bridgeford Close and Masquers Close as Norfolk County Council installs a new tiger crossing.
Keep up to date with the region's travel news by visiting our live traffic map.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 8 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 9 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel