Footpath in north Norfolk closed for two weeks
- Credit: Google
A footpath in North Walsham will be closed for two weeks from today as maintenance work begins.
Paston Way, off Little London Road in North Walsham, will close from today (November 15) to allow contractors to remove and replace two flights of steps and install a handrail.
This is an attempt to create safer and improved access for users of Paston Way.
Due to there being no viable diversion route, while the steps are closed there will be no access to the section of Paston Way near Little London Road.
The improvements are being made in response to concerns from local councillors and visitor feedback.
The work, estimated to cost £8,200, is being carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and its contractors.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75