Runaway car rolls across Cromer road
- Credit: Archant
A driver had a shock when he returned to his car and found it had moved - after rolling across a road and coming to rest against a house.
The silver Ford Mondeo stopped against a property in Chapel Street, Cromer after free wheeling across Louden Road.
Veronica Breeze was driving to Morrisons on Louden Road with her daughter Anita and grand-daughter Rhianne when the Mondeo came across their path.
The 63-year-old said: 'We were just driving down and this car was coming out. I thought 'is he going to wait for me to go' and he just kept going.
'I said 'he isn't going to wait for me' and that's when we realised there wasn't a driver.
You may also want to watch:
'It just took itself for a drive.'
The car ended up across Chapel Street, a one way road, blocking it off from traffic. The women called the police who soon attended and discovered the handbrake was not on.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 6 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 7 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
- 8 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
The owner arrived shortly afterwards and moved the car, which was left with a scuff on its bumper.