Roadworks set to cause major delays for Norwich motorists
Motorists can expect delays along a busy road from the end of this month when part of it is closed for up to four days to allow a new surface water drainage system to be installed.
The A1067 Fakenham Road will be closed for up to four days from next Saturday, March 31, at the junction with Baldric Road and Lacey Road, in Taverham, when work begins on the new system along Baldric Road and Lacey Road.
To work, which will take up to nine weeks to complete, will see a section of the A1067 Fakenham Road closed first, followed by closures on Baldric Road and Lacey Road, to carry out the works.
The A1067 closure, to allow the connection of the new drain system to the main drain, is programmed to last for for up to four days, but this is subject to weather conditions and unforeseen circumstances.
Norfolk County Council says the closure of the A1067 is bound to cause disruption and inconvenience. The closure has been programmed for March 31 to April 3, to minimise disruption by carrying out work in the school holidays, and ahead of other major utility company roadworks on the diversion route.
You may also want to watch:
A fully signed diversion route will be in place during the closure, but this will be quite lengthy because it must be along roads of similar standard capable of carrying all vehicles, including HGVs.
During the closures, access to properties and businesses within the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety