Public hearings over £300m dualling schemes for A47
- Credit: Highways England
Key public hearings, which will help decide whether two sections of the A47 in Norfolk are dualled, will take place next month.
National Highways is seeking development consent orders for three sections of the A47, as part of a £300m project.
That includes proposals to dual sections between North Tuddenham and Easton and from Blofield to North Burlingham.
But further hearings, which will include discussions over land which will need to be compulsorily purchased if the schemes are to go ahead, will be held in November.
The North Tuddenham to Easton scheme includes 9km of dual carriageway between Hockering and Honingham and two new junctions at the Wood Lane/Berry's Lane and Norwich Road/Blind Lane junctions, alongside the removal of Easton roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
There would also be four new bridges and closures for through traffic at Church Lane in East Tuddenham, Berrys Lane, Blind Lane and Church Lane in Easton.
The Blofield to North Burlingham scheme would see the existing single-lane section replaced with a new 2.6km dual carriageway, 70m south of the existing road.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
National Highways says safety improvements will also be made to the Yarmouth Road junction, closing the right turn and adding a dedicated lane to join the A47.
A new bridge will also be added over the new dual carriageway at Blofield.
The North Tuddenham to Easton hearings will happen on Tuesday, November 2, Wednesday, November 3, Thursday, November 4 and Friday, November 5.
The Blofield to North Burlingham scheme hearings will be held on Tuesday, November 9.
The hearings will be conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams, but will be live streamed to the public.
Hearings for proposed changes to Thickthorn roundabout, on the edge of Norwich, are also pencilled in for next month, but are yet to be confirmed.