Practical solution at Crayford and Abbs to car and van rental
- Credit: supplied
Practical Car and Van Rental is returning to its roots with Crayford and Abbs joining the franchise at both its Bodham and Mundesley sites.
One of the largest vehicle rental companies in the UK with more than 170 outlets, Practical Car and Van Rental now dominates the mid-range market. It was founded in 1984 as Practical Used Car and Van Rental by Bolton Agnew, from Oulton, near Aylsham, and Harold Williams. They took an American concept of renting older cars and vans from small community-based garages as an add-on to their core motor trade-based business. The company changed name in 1990 to Practical Car and Van Rental, allowing it to offer newer vehicles, yet still looking to make the most of its experience and history.
Practical Car and Van Rental had not had a franchisee in North Norfolk for many years but this month North Norfolk Nissan main dealer Crayford and Abbs at Bopdham and Mundesley officially joined the Practical business.
This addition to the Crayford and Abbs business stems from a recent prize trip to South Africa for the managing director Kevin Abbs and his wife Elaine who spent time during their safari with Graham and Sally Furneaux whose company had bought Practical Car and Van Rental last year. After discussing the business and the open point in North Norfolk, Mr Abbs felt there was a gap in the North Walsham and Holt areas for car and van rental which led to this new venture being launched this month.
Practical Car and Van Rental's business model is based around excellent customer service at competitive prices, so mixed very well with the ideal of Crayford and Abbs.
You may also want to watch:
Adding to existing ties with Nissan, it will run a small fleet of Nissan cars – with every model available – including automatics and electric cars alongside a selection of vans to include an electric one. It has access to all variants through Practical and also offers one-way rentals.
Crayford and Abbs is also establishing its own car club – it sees many customers who, for various reasons, give up owning a car and need the use of one for holidays or infrequent trips but not sufficient use to justify owning one or occasionally need a larger car.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
This new rental venture is operated from Crayford and Abbs at Bodham and Mundesley under the manager Tom Partridge. For more details phone him on 01263 588160.